VW Scirocco launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Scirocco launch

I had the opportunity over the last couple days to get some cars ready for the launch of the new VW Scirocco.

VW Scirocco
    This got a pre-delivery type detail.

little marks around the car which came off with a hand polish

Afters

And some others that were tidied up.

This Ferrari was clean so I went over it with a Quick Detailer.

Lambo was recently imported over and was in really good condition for its age. It received a full detail and clay to remove all the nasty little spots of contaminants which stands out on white paint.

Afters

Carbon fibre Lotus.
    This got a full detail with single step machine polish. Some areas which had stone chips were wetsanded with 2000 grit w&d and polished to smoothen out the surface.

Engine bay was wiped down.

VW Golf R32TT
    This got a full detail. It was covered in a fair bit of dirt and dust and after doing the wash noticed that there were light surface water marks so a clay over the car removed these fairly easily along with other contaminants as well.

Cheers
    Dave

The interior and exterior got a wipe down with QD as well.

Yes its an LS3

Cheers
    Dave
    Dave
    2B Bourke St, North Parramatta (02)8677-4345 www.reflecteffect.com.au / Reflect Effect Facebook

Comment

Dam nice lot of cars there Dave. Gee the new VW has some throw offs from Porche in it. I very much like it.

Comment

Originally posted by R31Heaven
        Gee the new VW has some throw offs from Porche in it. I very much like it.
        I was ready to buy one until Dave told me the price 8O
        Zen Automotive Suppliers Pty Ltd
        Premium Car Detailing Products & Accessories
        Email: sales@zas.com.au
        Like our Facebook Page

Comment

What did they end up comming out with donk wise? VW Aust didnt want them if they were only comming out with the 2.0 ltr, they wanted a V6

Comment

pretty sure they'll have the same 2.0L Turbo as the Gti and FWD

good looking hatch

Comment

Yeah it comes with the Gti 2.0 turbo but there are 2 models.

The one pictured is the "R" which has higher specs and more extras.

On the brochure it states from $69,990 for the base model.
              Dave
              2B Bourke St, North Parramatta (02)8677-4345 www.reflecteffect.com.au / Reflect Effect Facebook

Comment

70K for a fwd 4 cylinder volkswagen..... hahahaha

oh that's gold

Comment

omg 70k LOL

Comment

Its definitely a hot looking hatch and really stands out against any regular car but yes, the price tag would make most people think twice about it.
                    Dave

Comment

This is what happens when the Government insists on propping up the Australian car industry with billions of dollars of grants - the Euro manufacturers are then forced to make a buck by occupying the "premium" category. The result is that Australians are paying ludicrous amounts for European cars while being stuck with Aussie dinosaurs at the budget price level. Argh I find it so frustrating.

I know, I know, its all about jobs but when you have to fork out $10k above average annual earnings for a 4 cylinder hatch you know something needs to be done because the balance between jobs and prices is now out of balance.

I tell you what, give every fired worker a share of the billion dollar grants that Ford and Holden currently get. They'll all retire on their own private island in sunny Queensland.

Then the Euro manufacturers can start selling bulk volumes and prices will be reasonable.

Comment

Nice selection of Cars Dave the VW looks like an interesting car
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Davexr8
                          Its definitely a hot looking hatch and really stands out against any regular car but yes, the price tag would make most people think twice about it.
                          one word....370Z

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. I think $70k gets you integrated sat nav and premium audio standard.

I'm just waiting for a power upgrade as 9kw is hardly worth upgrading for from an '07.

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice270
                              Thats what I was thinking. I think $70k gets you integrated sat nav and premium audio standard.

I'm just waiting for a power upgrade as 9kw is hardly worth upgrading for from an '07.
                              theres more to the 370 than just 9kw over the 350

i drove the 370z again only a few weeks back when i was deciding which way to go, and its alot more refined, tauter, torque'ier and rides much better than a stock 350. It does feel a generation ahead from behind the wheel. The one thing i dont like with the HR engine'd 350z is the huge amount of NVH at high revs - thats why ill always prefer the old 300hp VR engine. They seemed to have got rid of this harshness in the HR 370Z

the only thing i didnt like was the synchro rev, its works great when you're downshifting, but when its on it creates this slight amount of dead travel in the accelerator pedal, which makes moving off from rest very tricky - very similar to the infamous dead pedal in mercs, but more annoying in a manual car

fit and finish, as well as equipement, is also a huge improvement over the 350

go on do it mate, the 370 is a great platform to have some fun. They're putting the forged 19s now on all '10 cars, so if you're not into mod'ing big, just a good quality JDM exhaust and some Cusco sways and you're all set

forget these overpriced golf chassis'd hairdresser bumb draggers

Comment

Working...
                              X