• Patton
    replied
    Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Matty
    replied
    Originally posted by BobsRX8GT View Post
    Worked well on that nhbh

Sent from my dungeon where I like to hide things.
    Haha! Soft paint special!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Worked well on that nhbh

Sent from my dungeon where I like to hide things.

Leave a comment:

• Matty
    replied
    Whats wrong with Armour All polish and Glaze???

Matty loves that stuff.
    goes great with wool on the rotary for a 1-step!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Whats wrong with Armour All polish and Glaze???

Matty loves that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Mathias
    replied
    Thanks Guys for your comments, Really appreciate it. Was a fun challenge which I enjoyed. I love my trusty DAS6 Pro but Ill be making the bigfoot purchase in the next couple of weeks

Originally posted by LIBERTYRX1 View Post
    Nice nice Matt. What happened to rear door ????
    The whole car was much the same, Owners efforts at trying to polish the car himself

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
    Any idea how he managed to do that, with what I'm assuming was only a hand polish? Dirty applicator/rag perhaps?
    Originally posted by vigilantejosh View Post
    My guess would be he used some old school cut n polish for single stage paint. It seems to be the most common on automotive retail and hardware store shelves.
    I would have to agree with Josh, He said he used Armorall Polish. I've never even seen polish by armourall but yeah Id say he used that with a dirty cloth, maybe the surface wasn't 100% clean (He didn't clay bar the car before hand I know that) and the mixture of soft paint caused the severe marring.

Originally posted by Caffeine_Fiend View Post
    Good job Matt.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution.....
    Thanks Dan, Yep and as Auto Alchemy & wolfgang mentioned, I don't think this owner was expecting a 100% correction let alone the results that were achieved.

Which Duragloss sealant did you use?
    Thanks Bobby, I used the Duragloss 601 & 105.

Originally posted by mozza1976 View Post
    Very very nice result, yes Mazda paint is very tricky to deal with when that this but you pulled it off, well done. Like Dan said, nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution. All you need is a strike through and that can really affect your confidence, well done again.
    Thanks Mozza appreciate it!
    Last edited by Mathias; 22-10-2013, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfgang
    replied
    Good work on a tricky detail.

As Dan and Mozz have said, nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution.

My theory with daily drivers is to get as good a result as possible while preserving as much clear as possible. Not to mention 99.9% of "normal" people won't notice the difference between 75% and 100% correction.

Leave a comment:

• Mozza1976
    replied
    Very very nice result, yes Mazda paint is very tricky to deal with when that this but you pulled it off, well done. Like Dan said, nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution. All you need is a strike through and that can really affect your confidence, well done again.
    Last edited by Mozza1976; 21-10-2013, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Great results, looks nice and glossy now mate.

Which Duragloss sealant did you use?

Leave a comment:

• tonyf
    replied
    Originally posted by Ash786 View Post
    Good Job Matt, crazy typical Mazda paint levels but good work well done.
    Matty, I have just ordered a bucket load of stuff from Tommo (about $1500 worth of stuff including the P-01A, M1 Shot and the BC-05) I am yet to try it out...I will let you know how I go.
    Happy to donate my car and time for trials Ash

Leave a comment:

• Matty
    replied
    Cool Ash. Looking forward to it mate!

Leave a comment:

• Ash786
    replied
    Good Job Matt, crazy typical Mazda paint levels but good work well done.
    Matty, I have just ordered a bucket load of stuff from Tommo (about $1500 worth of stuff including the P-01A, M1 Shot and the BC-05) I am yet to try it out...I will let you know how I go.

Leave a comment:

• Caffeine_Fiend
    replied
    Good job Matt.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• steinmetz
    replied
    With readings like that I probably would have been just as conservative as you are, and I thought the swifts paint was thin! that is a whisp of paper for gods sake!

You probably could have risked it and corrected about 90 percent of the damage but IMO it is not worth sacrificing what little clear is there in the first place for that - and the customer can't be all THAT fussed if they managed to do that in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• vigilantejosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
    Great turnaround mate, that was some pretty gnarly damage.

Any idea how he managed to do that, with what I'm assuming was only a hand polish? Dirty applicator/rag perhaps?
    My guess would be he used some old school cut n polish for single stage paint. It seems to be the most common on automotive retail and hardware store shelves.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X