X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fab
    started a topic Latest Opti-Coat paint protection jobs on the Gold Coast

Latest Opti-Coat paint protection jobs on the Gold Coast

At 5,000 km I had to give this one a one stage machine polish. Slow buffing with a finishing Menzerna polish made a massive difference. Deeper, more vibrant red after Opti-Coat. Client was amazed with the new finish.

• Dallas
    replied
    I'm after my Jeep getting some form of coat protection. I saw Mattys job on the black Toyota Cruiser and loved the result not too mention the care and professionalism and that was back in 2013.
    Would anyone here be able to recommend a detailer around Hervey Bay. Don't mind traveling if not.
    Jeep GC Blackhawk 2014, Brilliant White, several months old. T.I.A

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    Opti-Coat Pro has just got glossier!

Leave a comment:

• AussieTimmeh
    replied
    Love that colour, looks fantastic after your work on it.

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    Second car Opti-Coated for this client up in Brisbane.

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    What a difference a good polishing job can make! This gorgeous coloured new Mazda 6 had rock hard paint a few washing scratches that had to be buffed out.

Same here but now we talking softer Toyota paint. Polishing it right is always a challenge for complete different reasons than polishing hard finishes:

Five hours later after decontamination steps, polishing and de-waxing, the finish of this Landcruiser was looking stunning and ready for Opti-Coat Pro application:

Ready for pick up:

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    Thanks Joel. Yes Iron decon is now a mandatory extra prep step for all Opti-Coat jobs :-)

Leave a comment:

• Joel.
    replied
    Very nice mate. Lots of contamination on the Navara!

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    Full day paint correction (8 years old VZ, never been polished) followed by Opti-Coat application. The fact that this car has been kept undercover for all these years helped me to achieve great results.

From Fab's Facebook page:

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    Thanks guys.

Two weeks on the road only and check out the contamination build up on this new Nissan Navara. It seems that the more experienced I get with Opti-Coat, the longer I take to complete the decontamination step. This one felt rough under the clay bar so I went with Iron Decon before claying the whole car - for quicker and mar free break dust and rail dust removal as owner only wanted paint protection, no polishing.

Macro camera mode:

--

2 weeks on the road! IronX will dissolve the metal particles and turn purple:

--

Wheels decon:

--

Paintwork protected with Opti-Coat Pro (Opti-Guard) including wheels:

Last edited by fab; 20-04-2013, 09:03 PM. Reason: word missing

Leave a comment:

• Caffeine_Fiend
    replied
    Great work!

Leave a comment:

• bluering
    replied
    Very nice work there Fab ...back in black

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    My weekend mission:

This flat black Landcruiser was covered in heavy swirls, RIDS, washing scuffs and heavy holograms. One the bonnet, the holos were so intense I felt like grabbing them crazy things floating in the air :-) Looking at that I knew I had a long day ahead of me. Vehicle is about 18 moths old. Owner booked paint correction plus Opti-Coat application. Whole job took me almost two full days - Saturday and Sunday under sunny/rainy weather however job was done inside a double garage. Initial cut was done via rotary, foam pad and a Menzerna compound, followed by 2 DA stages using Optimum Hyper Polish, medium and finish pads. The process included the roof and during second finishing stage my DAS-6 polisher started to smell burnt then failed (maybe the brushes). I carry a back up polisher in the van so I grabbed my little shinemate DA and kept working but left a few panels to day 2.

Next morning, after finishing the correction work, car was washed again (lots of powder everywhere from compounding), carefully towel dried, de-waxed with IPA solution, inspected under LED lights and Opti-Coated. Client was pretty impressed with the results - Incredible correction and a deep wet look. Mission accomplished.

BEFORE - Holograms and swirls

--

AFTER

--

BEFORE - Heavy Holograms

--

AFTER

--

Final result after Opti-Coat application.

Oxenford, Gold Coast.
    Last edited by fab; 25-02-2013, 11:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• fab
    replied
    Thank you AussieTimmeh and Nimrod.

You're right Hamish. A few weeks on the road without protection and it gets messy. I've got clients that just decided to protect the car after bird or bat poo damaged the paint. Millions of bats here on the Gold Coast.

--

Nothing too complicated here, just good decon and bonnet polished before Opti-Coat application:

South Ocean Duty Free, Surfers Paradise

Leave a comment:

• Hamish_023
    replied
    And how quickly they can be contaminated unprotected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X