Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Volkswagen Golf R Mk6 [Deep Black Pearl]

Hey folks!

We had a client recently request that I fly up to Sydney to detail his recently purchased pride and joy.

While the car was fairly enjoyable to work with, the environment was not - as I happened to fly up during Western Sydney's 44 degree heatwave.

The car was riddled with water spots, RIDS and fairly heavy swirls. Passes had to be cut in half, allowing pad, paint and machine (and me!) to cool down sufficiently before proceeding.

Luckily though, Elias from Crystal Clear Detailing in Campbelltown offered his assistance and facilities for the weekend. Definitely helped push through the heatwave without getting heat stroke.

After a lengthy two-stage correction, followed by two layers of Opti-Coat Pro+ on the paint and wheels - the finished result was well worth the effort. Deep gloss and sharp metallic fleck awaited.

Some touch-ups were also performed on the deep scratches which had struck through.

Definitely won't be booking any more flights to Sydney during summer....

After compounding

Deep scratch with white strike through visible in the left half

After applying two coats of colour, three coats of clear and wetsanding smooth.

Thanks for reading,

JJ
    Affinesse
    JJ | Affinesse Premium Detailing, SE Melbourne
    sigpic
    Website | Facebook | Instagram | Contact

That flake just pops now. wow wow
    The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Magical!

Mick
      MY09 Senator Signature
      Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Comment

Great recovery

Comment

''Love It'' A local lady at the c-max has one and i always go out of my way to look at it.

Comment

Great work JJ, looking good.

The air conditioning in our workshop works well on those hot days, just saying...
            "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

Comment

Great work guys..that's black as a
              Por que no los dos

Originally posted by SMOKEY
              Cheers Dan - but I think you're half the problem - why can't my paint look like yours after I've finished it!?! Unobtainable perfection! Haha

Comment

Brilliant work.
                Love the paint on golfs..

Comment

Thanks all!

Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
                  Great work JJ, looking good.

The air conditioning in our workshop works well on those hot days, just saying...
                  I'm bringing the next client car there. Your McLaren's can wait. :P
                  JJ | Affinesse Premium Detailing, SE Melbourne
                  sigpic
                  Website | Facebook | Instagram | Contact

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun117 View Post
                    Thanks all!

I'm bringing the next client car there. Your McLaren's can wait. :P
                    Trust me. You now need heating not a/c
                    The thing that you do, after your day job, in your free time, early in the morning or late at night. The thing you read about, write about, think about, fantasize about. that thing you do alone and theres no one to impress, nothing to prove, no money to be made, simply a passion to pursue. Thats it, thats your thing, thats your heart , your guide, Thats the thing you must, must do.

Comment

Originally posted by LIBERTYRX1 View Post
                      Trust me. You now need heating not a/c
                      It heats as well. Or fire up the IR lamp.
                      "Perfection is lots of little things done well." Fernand Point

Comment

A maclaren could turn up the heat.
                        Needs moar spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                        X